Lockheed Martin - High value company with updward mobility....if you are in the right profession | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"High value company with updward mobility....if you are in the right profession"

Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior in Grand Prairie, TX
Current Employee - Configuration Analyst, Senior in Grand Prairie, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lockheed Martin has great values and provides products that protect the war fighters and America. I think the compensation and benefits are very good compared to the rest of corporate America. You work on very advanced technology which is rare.

Cons

There is a lot of opportunity for advancement especially with the baby boomer generation getting close to retirement which Lockheed has a lot of. Unfortuntely you need to be in Engineering or Finance to really have any possibility of real career advancement. There aren't a lot of opportunities for the rest of us despite our strong leadership abilities.

Advice to Management

Don't just look at someones education or current position when it comes to leadership positions. If someone has strong character, values, and work ethic they will probably be a better manager than say someone who has an engineering background but doesn't know how to work with people.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. "The learning never ends"

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Wallops Island, VA
    Current Employee - Network Analyst in Wallops Island, VA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, really great people. We stay on the cutting edge of technology and thrive.

Cons

Retirement benefits have been removed from our current contract

"Great products, but horrible business trends and chauvinist managers"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product is awesome. Every other Friday off. Unlimited sick time. Competitive pay. Vacation time.

Cons

Pension weighing down financials. Old and stuffy mgmt who are pigs. Defense business outlook is grim, with business going to low cost providers. Lockheed excels at high cost solutions. Intnal movement is strongly discouraged.