Lockheed Martin - Highest level Sr Management role of my life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Highest level Sr Management role of my life"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of experiences, lots of work, lots of experiences. Good at winning contracts lower than actual costs then they do not want to spend money to deliver promises and want contract requirements to be met using shareware.

Cons

Too little acknowledgement for Too much work

Advice to Management

Diversity is Good. You can learn a lot from people you think very little of.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. "Company culture"

Former Employee - Proposal Analyst in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Proposal Analyst in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Produces an amazing product for the Dept of Defense. Highly driven by engineering and technology. The company provides ongoing training opportunities for the employees.

Cons

Much of the management is ex-military with long tenure with the company, they tend to be rigid with "in the box" mentality. If you are creative and innovative, it's hard to sell your ideas or introduce a new approach to things.

"60's culture, incompetence, and corruption"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most fellows are truly talented and amazing individuals at LM.

I get a steady paycheck.

Flexible work hours if you have the right managers.

Cons

Poor talent management: Salary grade 4-6 people sleeping in their cubes all day.

Poor talent management: People all around me fail to execute and it just continues.

Poor talent management: Talented people salary grade 1-3 are constantly leaving the company.

Poor talent management: Extreme salary compression.

Unethical practices: Managers discouraging innovation and solutions so that LM can charge the government more billable hours, which results in a higher profit for the company.

Unethical practices: Inconsistent labor charging practices.

Unethical practices: Ethics reporting ignored.

Poor culture: Career path is most influenced by who you know. Second most influenced by number of years at the company. And least influenced by work performance.

Poor culture: Putting out fires is rewarded. Preventing fires is unrewarded and sometimes punished (see first unethical practices point).

The highest performing young talent all seem to have one foot out the door. As soon as the economy gets better, I predict a mass exodus.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to make your slice of the pie bigger and concentrate on making the whole pie bigger. Make sure this philosophy is consistent especially with directors and managers.

Pay attention to employee performance. It is absolutely crazy how many people are being paid 100k+ to sleep in their cubes or do basic administrative tasks that a high school student can do; even after the layoffs. On the flip side, I'm seeing top talent be rewarded with a generous 3-5% raise (when everyone else is getting 1%). 3-5% is 3-5% and everyone else getting 1% doesn't make it better. They are all ready to jump ship and many have already.