Lockheed Martin - Entry level employee speaks on first impressions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Entry level employee speaks on first impressions."

Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst
Current Employee - Systems Integration Analyst

Pros

Lots of opportunities across all the Lockheed locations in the US and abroad. First and second level management is excellent where I work (I expect it's similar in other jobs). The overall atmosphere is very welcoming. Coworkers have been very helpful and are always willing to share information. Moving into a new position within the company is very easy and management is always willing to help you advance your career.

Cons

Weird health insurance plan, sort of lame corporate slogans and programs for motivating employees. Upper level management sometimes doesn't seem as knowledgeable about what they're managing as they should be. CIO was a business major and doesn't really have any technical knowledge about IT which is often quite frustrating.

Advice to Management

Know what you're doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

"okay company"

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Dallas, TX

Pros

If you do not want much responsibility you should work here. I just did not like it because I did not like working for the government. I do not really believe in the war so I did not see myself working comfortably on missiles and defense systems.I worked for the HIMARS missile and defense launcher program and it was okay. The people were very nice and polite but again I do not have much to say about what I liked. Unless you do not want to work much for your money, but when I got an offer it was low.

Cons

Again I will say I just did not like it because I did not like working for the government. I do not really believe in the war so I did not see myself working comfortably on missiles and defense systems. Low pay but I guess the area of living and cost of living is low. I hated Texas also. Everyone has a typical Texas attitude. I did not like how comfortable people were working on missiles and fire control. It was almost creepy to me that no one thought it was a little intense. Not my type of work place.

Advice to Management

none- just dont believe in the product

"If you have anything going for you....chances are you will leave Lockheed Martin"

Current Employee - Production Controller in Grand Prairie, TX
    Current Employee - Production Controller in Grand Prairie, TX

Pros

Stress free job, 40 hours a week at the max, goo starting salary, good health insurance, ERP system is pretty easy to learn.

Cons

Bureaucratic, no merit raises, doesn't groom talent, I feel like they are out to get me.

Advice to Management

Why dont you talk to your employees about how they feel about things? You only come to talk to us when you have something at? How does that make us feel?