Lockheed Martin - Get experience and get out | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Get experience and get out"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of experience gained from my time with LM

Cons

Poor salary
Poor Senior managers support
No opportunity to advice unless you play politics well

Advice to Management

Focus more on your people

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. "Learned a lot from the incredible talent pool."

Former Employee - Configuration Manager in Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Configuration Manager in Newtown, PA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest people in the industry. Flex time, 9-80 work schedule, generous vacation time. The pay was very comparable to other corporations in the industry.

Cons

The obsession with the people having their college degrees. I saw many talented and able bodied employees passed up for promotion because they lacked a degree, only to see a new college graduate come in and get a higher salary and more responsibility, having no experience.

Advice to Management

Relish the fact that some employees may lack the piece of paper from a college but that does not mean the person is not qualified for the job.

2. "DoD Federal Contract Team Member"

Former Employee - ESH Manager (JD Listed As "ESH Engineer") in Fort Bragg, NC
    Former Employee - ESH Manager (JD Listed As "ESH Engineer") in Fort Bragg, NC

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work hours; team environment; employees had a personal dedication to supporting the soldiers; I was able to work closely with hourly personnel and other contractors, and thus influence safety on the shop and warehouse floor; company provided excellent benefits package with ease of access both online and CSRs via phone

Cons

Corporate / Regional Safety Rep was not present for contract startup and possibly for bidding process as time was not allowed to be dedicated to required OSHA training requirements; lack of safety training materials; base facilities were not always complaint with safety codes; there was a lack of safety equipment in shops; and when I left position, a non-experienced person was “appointed” to the ESH position I had to use my personnel vehicle for business without mileage reimbursement by customer or company.

Advice to Management

Include risk management, ESH in bid process and send ESH personnel to sites when contracts start (same as you do by sending HR BP and staff to site during transition of contracts).