Lockheed Martin - A great career and great employers are getting harder to find :-) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"A great career and great employers are getting harder to find :-)"

Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA
Current Employee - Staff Recruiter in Lowell, MA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best in class employer. Lockheed Martin is both prestigious and reputable. The company does require a strong level of effort. The company is strongly committed to the highest level of business ethics and having a diverse workforce. A strong corporate culture of mission critical efforts and exacting quality are driving forces at Lockheed Martin. For persons who enjoy having lots of infrastructure around them Lockheed Martin is a great place. Lockheed has an excellent tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

Like many US corporations today our upper management seems to be getting increasingly detached from and out of touch with the worker bees and the lower level managers. That's more of a national problem in the United States with our ever widening gap between the classes but it seems happening at Lockheed in any case. I hope that upper management at Lockheed Martin and other leading US companies do not get so greedy that they forget entirely about the hard work and toils of their workforce or we are all in trouble. Lockheed Martin is very ethical and that helps to keep our senior leaders honest in the long run.

Advice to Management

Remember to walk the talk. Your workforce does matter and they should be treated with dignity and respect. Recognition and rewards (does not have to be cash – stock options are nice; so are plaques) for our workers would be nice. Some profit sharing or an annual bonus would be nice addition to our benefits package.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Not so ethical company"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-Good work/life balance
    -Benefits
    -Location to public transportation

Cons

-Upper management hoarding budget spending until the end of the year
    -Excessive overrun budget not returned to gov.t nor is it used to keep talent
    -Those employed for over 30+ years still employed while those with 3-10 years are forced out the door
    -Good ole boys network still in place, regardless of keeping ethics in mind

Advice to Management

-Need to retire employees with 30+ years
    -Keep talent instead of shoving them out the door
    -Have HR put in effort in helping employees find other positions within the company
    -Time to break that "Good Ole Boy" Network which keeps their friends employed --even in positions they are not qualified for
    -LM claims to be the top employer that hires veterans, yet veteran retention is low
    -Top Management behind the door meetings to keep their close friends employed when they are on the chopping list should needs be looked into.

"Can be a company that you spend a lifetime with..."

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Competent engineering, competitive salary, good benefits (excellent 401k choices). This is a company that generally keeps employees, potentially for decades, as long as the work is present and/or customers keep funding their jobs.

Cons

No stock options, large amounts of process and documentation (unfortunately a part of the industry eg. aerospace/defense), management can be disconnected from engineering, if work is limited, job security drops dramatically

Advice to Management

Keep heed of engineering, as sometimes business decisions override technical strengths.