Lockheed Martin - I think Lockheed Martin is one of the best jobs that I've worked at, I would love to have another chance to work there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"I think Lockheed Martin is one of the best jobs that I've worked at, I would love to have another chance to work there."

Former Contractor - Level III Data Entry Clerk in Cherry Hill, NJ
Former Contractor - Level III Data Entry Clerk in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at Lockheed Martin as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The people at Lockheed Martin are the nicest I've seen in along time, even though I was only a temp there they didn't make me feel like one.

Cons

The only con that I have is that I would have love to work a lot longer with LuAnn and Kathleen.

Advice to Management

There are 2 people that I think are the best and their names are LuAnn Majka and Kathleen Cutler in the New Jersey office, I will never forget them.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Program Manager"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people at Lockheed Martin are generally good people and a pleasure to work with.
    The type of work is interesting and challenging, typically cutting edge and a leader in the industry. Good experience can be accumulated with this type of work.

Cons

The moral and environment are not conducive in creating an enjoyable, positive, and productive work place. Security combined with Human Resources does not foster an open and trusting relationship with management. Employees will avoid speaking-out and offering information, seeking advice, or career development. This is not a pleasant place to work.

Most positions are dead-end jobs with meager annual salary increases. Merit raises are below industry average. One would need to leave and return to this company to get ahead. Classified programs amplify these over-sites and use their secrecy as an excuse why employees are overlooked when recognition has been earned.

Even though they offer Insurance Benefits, the programs are just below industry average with very high costs to the employee.

Advice to Management

Separate Human Resource and Security departments and create local Benefit support for employees.

Pay above average salary to attract and retain top talent. The Lockheed Martin name may attract top talent, but paying just under industry average will not retain top talent. This includes the benefit packages that drain the salary to below average.

Create substantial monetary awards in the form of merit raises for those that excel. One time trivial awards are not sustaining, and offer little value over time.

"Very good company"

Former Employee - Staff AIX TSM Administrative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Staff AIX TSM Administrative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time

Pros

As long as they need you treat you well

Cons

When they don't need you your gone