Lockheed Martin - Great place to start your career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Great place to start your career"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Bethesda, MD
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Leadership Development
Tuition Reimbursement
Ability to learn different business areas

Cons

Work can be somewhat repetitive.

Advice to Management

Implement a real mentoring program vs. requiring that all employees act as mentee/mentor without providing any guidance.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. "Great learning and first internship experience"

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Lockheed Martin as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome teams with passionate people. Working on challenging and relevant projects.

Cons

More traditional working hours. Many meetings. Very restricted due to nature of the work.

"If I could, I would have given zero stars."

Former Employee - Material Coordinator in Fort Campbell, KY
    Former Employee - Material Coordinator in Fort Campbell, KY

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is nice, but as they have been laying off everyone from skilled workers and dedicated employees of over 25 years at CAAF, that point seems quite null.

I had the fortune to have met and worked with some amazingly friendly, hard working people.

Albiet, these were the people that were already working at CAAF before Lockheed came in.

Cons

This company came into the contract with what seems like literally NO sense on how to run a business. As workers, we had received word that Lockheed had won the bid for the contract at Ft. Campbell. I was personally excited. Lockheed, having been a successful company for a century now, led me to believe they had some clue as to what they were getting into.

Well, nothing could be further from the truth. It took over two weeks after starting before they began to acquire our information in regards to setting up benefits. By benefits, I mean our pay! Yes, we went to work for weeks before they "got around" to seeing towards paying us.... yeah, so good start. I can't really elaborate on the fun we had with our incredibly overpriced Health benefits. I'm a 25 year old, single male with no pre-existing conditions. According to their plan, I would be paying $177 a week. A WEEK. Yeah, $708 a month for their CHEAPEST coverage....

I won't get into how they selected their leadership. After close to a month with the company, we finally met our supervisor. His first message was praising us for our hard work and dedication. Literally the next day, the first round of layoffs hit. Mind you, there was no mention of this at the unpaid, after work meeting. From that point, workers have been being laid off seemingly weekly. Our personelle has dropped by close to 100 workers, deadlines have been cut, workers are being asked not only to do their jobs quicker and with fewer resources, but are also, now being left with the responsibilities of those that have since left.

All this in an environment where no one knows if the next day they'll still have a job the next day.