Lockheed Martin - System Administrator | Glassdoor

"System Administrator"

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Lakewood, CO
Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good work life balance, smart people and good managers. challenging environment where you are consistently challenged to learn and broaden horizons

Cons

I dont have many cons about this job really. Sure some of the yearly commitments and administrative over head kind of sucks but I think you are going to see this any where.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. "MIssion-focused, great mission, value their engineers and veterans, tops in ethics."

Current Employee - SysEng in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - SysEng in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Highly mIssion-focused organization, for a great mission -- defending our country.

The company knows very well that they are an engineering company. So, they look after and appreciate their engineers. Also great with & for veterans.

Tops in ethics. Excellent culture. Excellent people to work with, and work for.

Cons

Starting salaries tend to the low side, salary growth tends to be slow. (Salary process has become fairly transparent.) Training budget always tiny. (Beginning to do more in employee training with innovative approaches.)

"I had a good experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer contractor for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control."

Former Contractor - Mechanical Design Engineer in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Contractor - Mechanical Design Engineer in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of experienced people willing to help out if needed. The nine-eighty schedule is great because you get every other Friday off.

Cons

Contractors are only allowed to be there fifteen months maximum. Internal job postings are not able to be viewed by contractors, otherwise there isn't much difference.

Advice to Management

Change the company policy limiting the length of time that contractors can be employed by making them sign a contract that they can never sue the company for benefits.