Lockheed Martin - Challenging and engaging position. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Challenging and engaging position."

Former Employee - Senior Integration/Test Engineer in Archbald, PA
Former Employee - Senior Integration/Test Engineer in Archbald, PA

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Valuation of people and work/life balance.

Cons

Not necessarily the latest technology due to customer requirements.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and try to convince customers that today's technology is proven and events can be controlled more precisely.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. "Large company with a lot of opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Great work life balance
    - There are areas of cutting edge technologies
    - Relatively easy to move to other geographic regions
    - Relatively easy to move to another program (most people stay in a role for at least a year before changing positions)
    - Great benefits
    - In the past, great opportunity for growth, but this has been harder as the Government reduces spending
    - The company is pushing hard to branch into International markets
    - There are a wide range of opportunities and roles. Most people could find something that lines up with their strengths and career goals
    - Generally, there is a strong focus on the employees and the company does care.
    - Overall, I would highly recommend the company but one's experience can vary greatly depending on the project and management team.

Cons

- This may not be a fair generalization across the corporation, but I feel it has lost touch with its core - strong engineering and development. I do not see the younger, 1-5 years of experience, talent being pushed technically as much as I would like. I feel the company should put more emphasis on rewarding and keeping good technical talent.

Advice to Management

- Refocus on being a technology company and not an IT service or management company. Well, it's not really one or the other, but if you do not keep and grow your technical talent, it ill be hard to continue to be successful in the future.
    - Require managers to remain at least somewhat technical.
    - Too many layers of management. Become a flatter organization that can better compete with the smaller, flatter companies. The days of huge 10 year programs are over.

2. "I had a good experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer contractor for Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control."

Former Contractor - Mechanical Design Engineer in Grand Prairie, TX
    Former Contractor - Mechanical Design Engineer in Grand Prairie, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of experienced people willing to help out if needed. The nine-eighty schedule is great because you get every other Friday off.

Cons

Contractors are only allowed to be there fifteen months maximum. Internal job postings are not able to be viewed by contractors, otherwise there isn't much difference.

Advice to Management

Change the company policy limiting the length of time that contractors can be employed by making them sign a contract that they can never sue the company for benefits.