Lockheed Martin - Lockheed Martin was a pretty good place to work for nearly 25 years | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Lockheed Martin was a pretty good place to work for nearly 25 years"

Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Fort Worth, TX
Former Employee - Senior Staff Software Engineer in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lockheed had good medical, dental and insurance benefits. There was quite a variety of projects and technologies due to the large size of the company.

Cons

Like most defense companies, they have been cutting expenses and that means asking employees to pay a bigger share of insurance costs. Although there are a large number of locations and opportunities, it's not always easy to move between companies and projects.

Advice to Management

Provide more support to employees that are looking for a change or an opportunity to improve themselves.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

1. "Positive work environment, but underdeveloped intern program"

Former Intern - College Student Technical Specialist
    Former Intern - College Student Technical Specialist

I worked at Lockheed Martin as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked with a great group of people who seemed truly committed to the tasks we were completing. I received strong support from my direct managers and coworkers. People were friendly, but maintained professionalism and high expectations. I was given actual work to contribute to and free reign to learn the necessary skills for the position. Location and facilities were nice.

Cons

Didn't seem like as much 'forward thinking' or innovation as I expected was taking place. The internship program I experienced was pretty isolated and there was not enough assigned work to keep me busy.

2. "Excellent Employer!"

Current Employee - Deputy Task Order Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Deputy Task Order Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lockheed Martin is an industry leader who values their employees ideas and innovation.

Cons

In Oklahoma City, there isn't a large representation of Lockheed employees so it is harder to get a job and also promotions in this area. If you are willing to relocate it makes it easier.

Advice to Management

The one thing I would like to see changes with at Lockheed is the LM Commit system. LM Corporate should poll the field level managers and get their input regarding the system and how it could have a more positive impact for employees.