Lockheed Martin - Turn your career in to a Job! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Turn your career in to a Job!"

Current Employee - Analyst in Bethesda, MD
Current Employee - Analyst in Bethesda, MD

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flex time, and Vacation time

Cons

Work culture is hostile, retaliation and nepotism run rampant. Job Reqs are frequently opened for, "groomed" candidates i.e. it's a forgone conclusion who will be receiving the promotion. The workforce is flat, there are very many low levels, and very few opportunities to further your career through hard work. The culture is the literal stereotype of who you know, no what you know.

Advice to Management

Stop the silliness of forcing employees to interview for the next promotion to a different area where they may not even be the best qualified candidate and know very little about there new higher position. Promote from within the group. All your doing is fostering resentment of a new higher paid person coming in who beyond there ability to interview well, likely know far less about the area than the workforce you overlooked. I can't recommend anyone I care about work here long term... you've turned it in to a paycheck and taken away the pride of having a career... I literally have a manager telling me that you have no loyalty to us, therefore where is ours in return to you? The bare minimum to keep our employment, you are not fostering any more than that. That's it, that's the word on the street. You can either listen, or argue with beautiful PR words. But at the end of the day, I and many others feel the way I described and we are where the rubber meets the road... not HR.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Great company to learn and work with"

Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Engineering Intern in Houston, TX

I worked at Lockheed Martin as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of experience working with hands-on engineers and managers

Cons

A little slow and bureaucratic.

"An everyday challenge."

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging, New Technology, Good Benefits, Many Opportunities to grow. If you have enough ambition you can go far.

Cons

Unrealistic schedules, Culture that is stuck in the past, Bureaucracy. Depending on the program your work life balance can suffer.

Advice to Management

Develop your people and you will gain efficiency in your business. Adapt the Kaizen principle of small change with input from every employee and the culture will change for the better.