Lockheed Martin - Interning at Lockheed Martin | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

"Interning at Lockheed Martin"

Former Employee - College Student Tech Spec
Former Employee - College Student Tech Spec

Pros

Lockheed Martin carries one of the heaviest pedigrees within the engineering industry. As an intern you will receive a generous salary along with certain benefits that include relocation expense compensation and an opportunity to attend, with all other LM interns, a symposium in Norfolk, VA where you get a chance to see some of LM's more recent and up and and coming products. Great intern experience and a great name to have on your resume. Overall, a great place to work for.

Cons

Huge company where all employees are carrying a significant share of the workload. Consequently, those in charge of you don't have enough time to delegate tasks to their interns and, as an intern, you tend to sit around and twittle your thumbs.

Advice to Management

Work on keeping the interns involved with projects. You definitely make the company seem impressive with all the resources and compensation you put our way but, as an intern, I would of liked to have been kept busy more and learned more from the job.

Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin

"We never forget who we are working for, but we do forget who is working for us."

Pros

Lockheed Martin is well respected as a result of the advanced products they sell, the complex programs developed, and the engineering expertise of the engineers.

Cons

Requirements creep is not controlled, and when solutions become too expensive, Senior Management accepts contract cancellations without fighting for the jobs of the people affected.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the requirements to be promoted to a decent level within the company. Promotions should result from improving business performance and should not be based on nepotiism or gender.

2. "Relatively happy"

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

Pros

-great work life balance and stability
    -Flex Time
    -980 Schedule
    -Christmas Shutdown
    -3 weeks of vacation to start
    -great benefits
    -numerous affinity groups

Cons

-inconsistent use of telecommuting and other general flex time and work life balance benefits
    -Old school
    -highly resistent to change
    -poor use of performance management
    -60s era desks and drab surroundings

Advice to Management

We're proud of where we work, but please apply policies consisentently across the corporation. Managers often say that benefits are optional for their groups to utilize which sends the wrong message to employees.