LocumTenens.com - Great place to work if you have no college degree | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LocumTenens.com

"Great place to work if you have no college degree"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

LocumTenens.com is a great place to work if you are fine with staying in the same job capacity for the rest of your life. If you love recruiting without having to run a full desk, this is the place for you.

Cons

There is no real opportunity for advancement after the Research Development program. Management is just now starting to address this. Mentors are paid an override of your commission, which can lead to your co-workers not helping you if they don't like your mentor. There are no opportunities for career development or on-going education. Job really doesn't engage the brain much, and quite often your superiors can be complete morons who got lucky in finding a job that can be completed without a degree. I find that the account executives without a college education will often talk down to you to try to discourage you from staying as college educated new hired often utilize technology and can complete the tasks in less time and effort, thus threatning the comfortable lifestyle they have.

Advice to Management

Engage account executives further. The job doesn't always require 300 phone calls a week, I found that I could email my doctors and get better responses more quickly. Understand that there has to be more opportunities for advancement and paying mentors an override of commissions does not help anyone, it actually makes it harder for mentees to get help for our team members.

Other Employee Reviews for LocumTenens.com

1. "Great company!"

I have been working at LocumTenens.com full-time

Pros

Amazing amenities, good benefits, good earning potential and upward mobility, great people

Cons

Low base pay. No other cons, but they're a making type more

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Poor customer service and short / delayed payments"

Current Contractor - Physician
    Current Contractor - Physician

I have been working at LocumTenens.com as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible in terms of your requests and responds after repetitive requests.
    Can't really think of any other

Cons

I work as contract physician and have been with company more then a year now. I was able to work/ negotiate with recruiter before starting an assignment. They sold an assignment which they have literally no idea. Well, I have been working longer then a year and almost every 3rd or 4th payment as contractor it has been conveniently short or missing. Unsure if accounting department is not doing their job but interestingly error is consistently and almost always on short side of payment, never received over payment which clearly smells fishy. They do pay eventually but it seems like never ending struggle to receive what you deserve and fortunately I am not asking any thing else like arrangement of lodging, travel etc .... god knows if I would have survived with that. I have been through more then 16 major health care entities over my career and most under appreciative people I have experienced. They don't care as long as they can fill their contract body and receive their cut.

Advice to Management

Listen to contractors - not just payers