Lodgian - Holiday Inn Express | Glassdoor

"Holiday Inn Express"

Pros

Well managed. Flexible and fair scheduling. Competitive compensation for the type of work. Nice perks including HIE discounts at other locations.

Cons

The position required late night shifts that were shared by all employees. Position offered little challenge or chance to advance beyond the desk.

Advice to Management

Management was fair and well respected. Only suggested improvement would be a displayed opportunity for challenges and eventual advancement. Would work for this company again.

Other Employee Reviews for Lodgian

1. "A fine enough job for what it is."

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Gainesville, FL

Pros

It is a fairly easy job and is only sometimes stressful. The hours weren't entirely flexible, but concessions were made when they needed to be. My coworkers were also nice.

Cons

The job was sometimes boring and I didn't see much room for advancement. Also, I felt disconnected from a lot of the other departments as we didn't interact all that often. There was no importance placed on getting to know anyone other than those you worked directly with.

Advice to Management

Make sure that people who are in every position feel appreciated and valued. Also, make sure that the work place feels open and that different employees can communicate with each other.

2. "Great college job"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Lawrence, KS

Pros

I work part-time at the front desk of a Holiday inn, while attending college. Overall, the atmosphere is great - everyone, from the bottom to the top, is very team oriented.

There are definitely busy times and slow times, though. Weekends from around March through November are usually crazy - lots of weddings and business conferences in our convention center. But even during peak times, the weekdays and weeknights are still pretty low-key. That's awesome for a college student like myself. I finished a lot of homework on the clock! I know that sounds bad, but hey, someone has to man the front desk, even when the hotel is completely dead.

Cons

We are independently owned and you can definitely tell by how skimpy the housekeepers are paid, how chintzy the benefits are for full-timers, etc. Also, management has changed so many times around here it's ridiculous. I think we've finally got some good people in place though.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees and they will likely return the favor and stick around for awhile.