LogRhythm - Just depends upon your boss | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for LogRhythm

"Just depends upon your boss"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Pros

I learned a lot through the experience. Started there when a startup with visions of sharing in the growth. Some good people there...some not. Issue is mostly management.

Cons

There are great boss' and poor ones. Unfortunately my boss was a disaster. Slave driver mentality, zero management skills, technician overseeing people, etc.

Sucks to be a middle level manager - No credit and all the blame.

Advice to Management

Problem is at the top. There's no way they will ever look at themselves. Issue is always with other people. Typical Sr. Management/Ownership.

Other Employee Reviews for LogRhythm

1. "All good so far"

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible working. Very friendly and relaxed office environment. Very much a team culture and open door policy at all levels. Good training and given plenty of time to learn and shadow before first solo customer engagements.

Cons

The office environment can be a bit noisy at times if you are trying to concentrate but there are conference call rooms available.

Advice to Management

Maintain the culture as we continue to grow.

"Great Organization that is Going Places"

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

LogRhythm is an organization that works very hard to deliver an environment that is great fun and very employee focused. In addition, they have an amazing product that is pushed forward at a great rate and they never rest on their laurels. There is a real family feel and the majority of people love being there and want to give as much as they can to continue that success. There is always something going on or something on the horizon for employees to get engaged with. Their Boulder offices are fantastic and a lot of care goes in to providing a wonderful office environment regardless of which department you are in.

Andy Grolnick the CEO is one of the nicest and most personable senior leaders I have ever met and more importantly he knows his stuff. The work life balance is brilliant, if anything it's more towards life than the work, and that definitely breeds a desire to work hard and prove yourself.

Whilst I left for the right reasons, I loved LogRhythm and carry extremely fond memories of my time there and (most of) the people I worked with. I still keep in touch with the majority of my colleagues and not just LinkedIn connections but proper friendships; I have never had that anywhere else I have worked.

Cons

I never felt part of the team that I worked with. The majority of the leadership have been there from the first year or so and have grown with the organization. Great pride is placed in promoting from within and maintaining existing methods and approaches. As such, there is very much a network of those that are the long term employees and I consistently felt excluded as I was an outsider that hadn't worked up through the business so couldn't possibly have anything useful to offer. My previous knowledge and experience at other organizations counted for nothing, my job was to learn how it was done at LogRhythm and replicate that. Even if you thought it wasn't working, and had good evidence to demonstrate that fact, you were regarding as being a troublemaker for trying to do something different. You have to be willing to play the political games and ingratiate yourself with some of the long term senior leaders if you want to get along.