LogRhythm - Great place to work | Glassdoor

"Great place to work"

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone here, from management to support to engineering is extremely passionate about the product and what it can do. You can tell that this is a group of people who believe in this company and where it will go and it's not just a 9 to 5 job for them. They are here because they want to be. People here are smart and knowledgable and generally very nice and respectful. I think they have tried very hard to maintain that culture and find people that are a good fit.

The engineering group is one of the most intelligent, innovative, out of the box thinking group of people I've had a chance to work with. They are great to work with and learn from and are also very social, fun and like to have a good time so it's a great balance.

The company culture is very casual and laid back with beer fridays and happy hours being a very common happening and of course, Free Food Friday.

LogRhythm is a great company to work for and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about the company or my time here.

Advice to Management

None.

Other Employee Reviews for LogRhythm

"LogRhythm, a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at LogRhythm full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been an employee with LogRhythm for about two years and during that time, I have had the ability to work with every department within LogRhythm. LogRhythm is a company that strives for excellence in both its product and its employees. The management team is passionate about the company and the product offered and believes/demonstrates that its employees are contributors to the company’s success and employees are granted the necessary power to do their job in a manner that the employee thinks in best for the company and themselves. Employees are encouraged to be in control of their own work-life balance and that families are important and should come first. In my experience both the executive and the middle management team have the industry knowledge and the skills to perform the job and to achieve the ultimate goal of growing the company.

LogRhythm is passionate about the impact its product can make in the world and cares about doing its customers right, which is seen on many levels of the company and it is not always concerned about the dollars, which is unusual in today’s world. I have worked at many companies in my career and I have found that all companies struggle with inter-departments issues, but the politics in this company are minimal. People treat each other with respect and are willing to listen, enourage and support each other.

LogRhythm is a pleasant and enjoyable place to work, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.

Cons

I have not found a con about working at LogRhythm

Advice to Management

Continue listening and solicitating employees perspectives.

"Wanna relive jr high?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I worked at LogRhythm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people there are some of the most dedicated, hard-working, creative, out-of- the -box thinkers, smart, I've ever worked with.

The new offices are swank with a large open floor plan, good size cubes, a ping-pong room, an in-house gym, big windows, high ceilings...

And the perks are decent. They bring in weekly massages, acupuncture, yoga, free food (lunch) on Fridays, 25 cent vending and free soda.

Cons

Logrhythm is in its awkward teenage phase. Acne, braces, all elbows and knees tripping over and running into things. They had a very large and fast growth spurt and their body (infrastructure) has not yet caught up with the growth. Plus they haven't yet figured out who they want to be when they grow up- much less how they are going to get there.

High expectations to do more with less (less people, less time, less resources) are the status quo. Unless your manager is one of the "chosen" few that tow the company line, you will never see an influx of resources or help, and will be blamed when goals aren't met. The family environment that existed when I joined is no longer company wide- it remains in a few groups that work very hard to maintain it.

Much of the company is openly hostile towards the sales organization. Permeating mentality is that they are "over-paid prima-donnas, who never play by the rules and anger/frustrate everyone they ask assistance of-usually with outrageous last minute requests." The few sales team members in the office bear the brunt of that hostility every day. Management expects the sales reps to be both sales people and their own admins. That oxymoronic mind-set doesn't set them up for success. The sales org just went through a major shift/reorganization from a hands-off approach to a highly processed, micro-managed methodology. Sales ops itself also went through a major reshuffle and now is combining with the CRM (renewals) group. .

It's an extremely male dominated organization. Very few women there. No formal orientation and training program. Many people have quit when forced to learn as they go. Several departments do not have built in career paths for growth. It's like they want you to stay right where you are, doing exactly what you are doing for as long as possible. There is no work/play balance. 75% of the employees don't have back-up so they end up working on their vacation.

They recently switched to a "flex-time" model- mainly I think to zero out the unpaid vacation pool of funds. (Prospective buyers care about that). Flex-time is great in theory. You can take whatever time you want off (assuming your manager approves) AND as long as the work still gets done. If you don't have a back-up to your position or responsibilities you end up working during your vacation.

The company showcased in the recruiting video? I always wanted to work there at that company, but never felt like I really did. The company is becoming very political and a has an underlying very cut-throat "my stuff is more important than your stuff" vibe. I did not find that conducive to collaboration.

Last thing - compensation. At one point the employees were very competitively compensated. Stock options, participating in the profit sharing program, raises, etc. Profit sharing no longer exists unless you are a director or above, or you manage people. Raises are standardized to coincide with their new official review program on a yearly basis. Gone are the days of receiving a $10k raise because you made a game-changing decision for your group.

Be sure you do your research for reasonable average salaries for your skill set and experience. LogRhythm has lost many candidates and has trouble attracting candidates in multiple technical areas because they low-ball the salaries.

Advice to Management

You want to go public? Maybe you should have some members on your team that have actually gone through and understand that process.

Reinstate that open-door policy. There were a lot of closed doors.

Be ok with ideas and comments that contradict what you think you know. You never know where the next great idea will occur. Don't you want your team and organization to be an environment where ideas are freely shared and where resentment doesn't have anywhere to fester and grow?

LogRhythm Response

Aug 26, 2014 – President & CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and for recognizing LogRhythm’s great people, offices and perks. I am sorry your experience didn’t meet your expectations. We wish you the best. While... More