LogicaCMG - Good company to work for with solid project processes, practises and standards | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LogicaCMG

"Good company to work for with solid project processes, practises and standards"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
Former Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

- good working atmosphere (even when showstoppers came up everyone was relaxed and professional until the problem was resolved)
- great staff days out (quadbiking, go-carting, etc always something exciting)
- great project standards (coding, project processes - made code review easy)
- Great online intranet knowledge base where you can find most things related to whatever role you do
- what you put in you get out (efforts are usually recognised and rewarded due to the good project structures employed)

Cons

- everyone is asked to step up during frequent project deadlines and this does mean having to work compulsory long long days sometimes
- at software engineer/designer/tech lead level, the longer you stay on a project, the more dispensable you become to the project (which goes against how they advertise Logica as being a company where you can move around a lot - although I did notice the mangers got rotated quite frequently)

Advice to Management

Give employees transparency to project 'rolling end dates' rather than disguising them as 'concrete end dates'. I enjoyed my time at Logica, however one qualm I did have was being told after 2 years on a particular project I had a concrete end date to leave the project and try something new. But this concrete end date turned into a rolling end date and I found myself on the project for nearly 4 years. On the interview day, as the interviewer specifically sold Logica to me as 'a company where you can move around and try lots of different things', I felt slightly misled.

Other Employee Reviews for LogicaCMG

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Pros

Work Culture is very good

Cons

Increment is comparatively quite less...

2. "Be a politician first"

Pros

Work/personal life balance
    Can pay for unnecessary expenditure
    Govt. office atmosphere

Cons

Spending wise very miser. Won't support any idea that will give results in next two years
    Govt. Office atmosphere. Please senior and not skills to grow

Advice to Management

Resign and let some fresh blood come in