Logicworks - Great Atmosphere | Glassdoor

"Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at Logicworks full-time

Pros

I. Great place to learn and advance your career
II. Very competent engineers who know their stuff and work hard
III. Growing company that places employee morale as a priority
IV. Opportunity for advancement

Cons

I think the company does a great job of balancing work and real-life. As the company continues to grow, I think it will be important to have company gatherings to instill a sense of motivation and also to serve as a means for everyone to get together and get to know one another a little better.

Advice to Management

The company seems to be headed in the right direction. I think it's important to focus on the morale of the employees in order to keep everyone motivated and focused on the big picture.

Logicworks Response

Sep 19, 2014 – Recruitment

Thank you for your feedback, and I hope you enjoyed our company gathering this past Tuesday. As a company, we get together each quarter to discuss where Logicworks is and where we're growing. You are ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Logicworks

"Very smart engineers, passionate owner, lacks solid business direction"

I worked at Logicworks full-time

Pros

Opportunity to constantly learn new technology. Exposure to the latest and greatest in hardware, cloud and hybrid with the chance to see new ideas before they hit the public market. Some of the leaders are incredibly talented, others more interested in job preservation than company success.

Employees overall care very much for clients and keeping them happy. As a customer you can't ask for a more passionate or talented partner vendor. You can hunt but you won't find one. As an employee, there is opportunity to grow internally up to a certain level. Management supports certifications and training. In the sales/bizdev arm there is a decent sense of camaraderie and the knowledge level is high.

Their marketing is great.

Cons

Multiple CEO changes within a few years. They have the right person now but not necessarily in other leadership positions or support staff. Top-level management is often tone-deaf. Sale commitments are often based on client requests rather than actual business capability, leaving engineers to figure out how to deliver. Luckily for everyone they usually do figure it out. The company is top-heavy and political alliances exist which is odd for such a small company. Workplace culture there is sometimes toxic, killing morale.

It's been treading water for the last few years and will continue to do so without vision in technology leadership and a sustainable sales model.

Logicworks Response

Sep 19, 2014 – Recruitment

First of all, thank you for your honest feedback. I noticed you indicated you are a former employee - from the situation you describe it seems you could have worked here some time ago ... More

2. "Lives up to the expectations!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Logicworks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Logicworks is a place that appreciates feedback and encourages projects ownership and innovation. This is not a place that is afraid of change. My colleagues are some of the brightest, wittiest and hardest working people I've ever worked with. The leadership is smart and open to new ideas and feedback. There is not a ton of middle management which is lends to how in tune with the business the leaders are.

Cons

I can't think of any cons. I would probably say, if you're considering applying here, make sure you're the kind of person who wants to get their hands dirty. The "that's not my job" mentality will not play well here.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!