London Metropolitan University - Great people but low morale | Glassdoor

"Great people but low morale"

I worked at London Metropolitan University part-time

Pros

Great lecturers and staff Interesting students Rewarding work Great location Flexible opportunities - part-time work available for lecturers

Cons

The management of the university is chronically disorganised and it is constantly having to make staff redundant - every two or three years - which means staff morale is on the floor. I was only there three years and was asked to reapply for my job twice. It's such a shame as there are great people there working very hard to do the best for the students.

Advice to Management

Get a grip!

London Metropolitan University2017-08-31

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Hourly Paid Lecturer - Liberal Arts"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at London Metropolitan University

Pros

London Met is a very internationally diverse university, so it makes for very interesting students and classroom conversation. Everyone comes from a different background and can contribute something unique.

Cons

Unfortunately, during my time of employment, the arts were being cut heavily and tensions were very high. Because of all the cuts, departments were stretched too thin and way beyond their resources. The classroom sizes were huge in an attempt to get more income in and as a result, the teacher-student ratio suffered.

Advice to Management

I think there is still a high demand for liberal arts courses, and so, by cutting them so drastically, you are potentially losing students. In addition, because of being stretched so then, some of the best permanent staff left. There should be reward for being an excellent teacher, not punishment.

London Metropolitan University2015-09-20
  2. "Good"

Former Employee - Communications Intern in London, England

I worked at London Metropolitan University full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice team, different job activities

Cons

only an internship, lots of changes

London Metropolitan University2019-10-07

Discover more reviews about London Metropolitan University.