London Metropolitan University - Hourly Paid Lecturer - Liberal Arts | Glassdoor
  1. "Hourly Paid Lecturer - Liberal Arts"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at London Metropolitan University

Pros

London Met is a very internationally diverse university, so it makes for very interesting students and classroom conversation. Everyone comes from a different background and can contribute something unique.

Cons

Unfortunately, during my time of employment, the arts were being cut heavily and tensions were very high. Because of all the cuts, departments were stretched too thin and way beyond their resources. The classroom sizes were huge in an attempt to get more income in and as a result, the teacher-student ratio suffered.

Advice to Management

I think there is still a high demand for liberal arts courses, and so, by cutting them so drastically, you are potentially losing students. In addition, because of being stretched so then, some of the best permanent staff left. There should be reward for being an excellent teacher, not punishment.

London Metropolitan University2015-09-20

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Good"

Former Employee - Communications Intern in London, England

I worked at London Metropolitan University full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice team, different job activities

Cons

only an internship, lots of changes

London Metropolitan University2019-10-07
  2. "Great place to work at!"

Former Employee - Library Assistant in London, England

I worked at London Metropolitan University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers were excellent, the place of employment was stellar, the pay was quite good for the position and I felt at home.

Cons

Merely the schedule, but this was due to the position itself and not anything inherent to the organization.

London Metropolitan University2019-10-06

Discover more reviews about London Metropolitan University.