Longs Drug - Great company to work for - good pay, benefits and life | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Longs Drug

"Great company to work for - good pay, benefits and life"

Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Walnut Creek, CA
Former Employee - Senior Programmer in Walnut Creek, CA

Pros

Longs is a good place to work in. The work hours are regular, the pay is good and benefits decent. Employees also get a discount at the stores. The coworkers are also friendly - so it's a good work environment. There's not much overtime - so I was able to maintain a good work/life balance.

Cons

The technology used was not cutting edge. So I think my career did not advance too much in this regard. But there are good opportunities for promotions - so that overcomes this negative point.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when making decisions

Other Employee Reviews for Longs Drug

1. "i hope cvs will improve on what we have"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Merced, CA
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Merced, CA

Pros

decent pay - overtime available - extra work available- lots of stores to pickfrom-from hawaii to california-life insurance and disability available- insurance is costly but fairly good. it is hard to find techs that can operate the complicated and outdated system. training is avialable - but is inadequate- resource system is extensive and you get free continuing education - system is available to give good service if you have trained and adequate help. we have janitor service that seems to do a minimal job-

Cons

outdated computer system-not real good communication with management-benefits are less than most-work overload-more help could be given for cleaning stores - my store is fairly clean but some stores are not- they are not real good recruiters for pharmacists in some areas we are really limited.

Advice to Management

more labor equals better service equals more rx volume equals more money for the companyupdate computer system- fix ordering system - allow staff rphs to order class 2 drugs -

2. "Working there beat me down, now I am rebuilding my pride."

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Reno, NV

Pros

I was able to work hard to become part of the team and earn hours to become a Pharmacy Technician. In truth I was paid the least and my new manager wouldn't teach me anything or allow me to do my job well and made me work the most out of all of the staff. I was stuck in the front typing up prescriptions and was threatened to be written up if I went into the back to find the right manufacturer for the medication I was typing the prescription for. I was only allowed to ask the pharmacist what manufacturer to use and he didn't want me to take the time to look up the information for me. I use to be able to do it but he was the new big bad boss that had to have his say about everything. In short the lines got long, patient's were not helped in a timely manner and I got yelled for not having my work done when he wouldn't give me the correct information.

Cons

My boss would put me down all of the time because he knew that he could and get away with it.

Advice to Management

Don't keep bad bosses around. Make sure your employees are treated with respect.