Longs Drug - Does Longs pay well? | Glassdoor

"Does Longs pay well?"

Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Mountain View, CA
Former Employee - Bookkeeper in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Longs is flexible with your schedule in most cases. And it's a good employer for adolescents.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about working at Longs is that they don't give raises on a regular basis. And their compensation wasn't that great.

Advice to Management

Take care of your hardworking employees, and reward them with raises on a regular basis.

Other Employee Reviews for Longs Drug

1. "head over heels with longs"

Current Employee - Photo Department Manager in Grass Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Photo Department Manager in Grass Valley, CA

Pros

best reasons to work at longs would be the traning you go though for your position, and the warmth feeling you get from every single employee everybody, from other cashiers all the way to the top position in the corp. office, they all make you feel right at home from the first day you start' They are a real family orantated company. when I first found out that my son was going to be sent to iraq to fight, they took me into the office and said that we all are one big family and that they too fill my pain,they also said that they
    will send packages to him and his squod along with my packages. that there was the point of no return for me see ever since then longs had me. they are the best employers ever!!!!!!!!!!

Cons

I honestly can't think of one downside of working there.

Advice to Management

the feedback I would give to them, they should of never sold to cvs!!!!!!

"Stay for the friendships, Leave for the pay"

Former Employee - Photo Department Manager
    Former Employee - Photo Department Manager

Pros

Despite all the problems I had with Store Managers, I was almost sad to leave. The majority of my co-workers were like a second family.

Cons

The compensations was terrible. It got to the point where new hires were making more than you, and most of them worked much less. The reason I left was the pay. I was promoted to Department Manager and promised more money from the Store Manager. After almost a year, I finally asked him about my raise and he just simply said "Sorry, out of my hands." It was totally infuriating. They were having me do more work for as cheaply as they possibly could. I had also been written up after missing work a couple of times while my dad was in the hospital for over a month. For some reason that was unacceptable for me, but not for the Store Manager when his grandmother got sick and he was hardly ever at work.

Advice to Management

Stand up for your employees. You can't expect them to be happy and do great work when they can hardly support themselves with the amount that they get paid. Also, the customer isn't always right. You need to stop letting it get to the point where a customer is cussing out a worker and then kiss their butt because you still want their business.