LoopUp - Great People, Poor Model/Management | Glassdoor

"Great People, Poor Model/Management"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive

I worked at LoopUp full-time for more than a year

Pros

The co-CEOs are extremely smart, personable, hands-on leaders. There are brilliant C-level executives in this company that all offer intricate views on sales training, goal setting, methodical selling, relationship building, company growth, culture etc. I learned so much from them in a short amount of time, and the takeaway value in that alone, will remain to be a huge asset I will carry throughout my sales career.

Cons

The problem with LoopUp, is it all falls apart in the United States. Communication with your supervisors can be almost impossible. You're not heard, your problems are never addressed. HR is a mess that helps with literally nothing. There's no support. No one seems to care. And the way they have designed selling to work, only works if there's camaraderie between you and the other sales executives. If there's any sort of personal issues, it makes your job almost impossible. The pod mentality is supposed to be beneficial to everyone, but in realty, it slows down your drive, can get in the way of a successful closing, and like I mentioned before... If there's conflict, there's no real resolution. If your team members want you to fail (for personal reasons, or out of the nature of being a competitive sales executive and taking the credit), you will. There's no way to avoid sabotage of a sale because of how reliant you are forced to be with your other pod members, or members of another pod in a competing territory, even. If you're different than your pod, and they don't like you, you're out. It doesn't matter if you're good at your job. Another major issue, is the competition between territories. Again, not something LoopUp planned on being a problem, but it is. I had to fight for the meetings I booked with major executives that reached out to me, and lost several potential enterprise accounts because I had to include someone from a different territory on my meetings. LoopUp has great intentions and ideas when it comes to expansion design and culture, but the execution isn't there.

Continue reading
    LoopUp2019-11-07

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Office Manager

I worked at LoopUp full-time

Pros

Staff and CEO are awesome to work for and with

Cons

Not many cons it was a great working experience

LoopUp2020-02-26
  2. "Good starting job."

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at LoopUp full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, good company culture, fun environment.

Cons

Growing company, difficulty to accrue commissions.

LoopUp2020-01-23

Discover more reviews about LoopUp.