Lorian Health - Caution | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Caution"

Former Employee - Patient Care in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Patient Care in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lorian Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly nursing and therapy staff willing to support one another and help when asked. HR personnel friendly and helpful as well.

Cons

High employee turnover. 30 fulltime employees in a 24 month period. Rules today not necessarily the rules tomorrow. Memos outlining changes can't keep up with rate of changes if memos are sent at all. Disorganized, low morale. Budget conscious to the point of frequently running out of supplies or buying own vs reusing (unsafe). Mandatory educaction during off time without promised compensation. Promised but not delivered bonuses. Intimidation.

Advice to Management

Integrity and honesty. Follow a true business model. Patients AND employees matter.

Other Employee Reviews for Lorian Health

"Disorganized and unfocused"

Pros

Met the CEO and found him to be delightful...appeared to be caring with focus on patient care.

Cons

Trying to expand too fast into larger geographic area and totally losing focus on patient care overall as an organization...".the right hand does know what the left hand is doing" type of organization...communication is severely lacking and training of employees on thelectronic charting system is severely lacking.....lots of time lost as I never met a single employee who was fluent on use of the system AND capable of training someone else.

Advice to Management

slow down and provide better service thru experienced and trained personnel

2. "The grass isnt always greener"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lorian Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

really good values as a company and good leadership. I make a good wage and i like the people i work with and helping the patient's. I researched some other places not long ago and decided to stay put after speaking with hiring people and staff members there. I am so glad i stayed.

Cons

a 9/80 work week would be great so that i could spend more time with my family.