Lorien - Great place to Kick off your carreer in recruitment .... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lorien

"Great place to Kick off your carreer in recruitment ...."

Current Employee - Resourcer in City of London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Resourcer in City of London, England (UK)

Pros

Lorien is a brilliant place to start your career off in recruitment because they offer an excellent training programme on technologies and recruitment best practise. I was lucky to have a very supportive manager / director who allowed me to take time off when my mother had cancer.
*Family environment where everyone will try and help you out instead of stab you in your back compared to other agencies .

Cons

*It normal takes about for three years to get promoted from Resourcer to Account Manager on the corporate account side depending on your manager.
*Commission for resourcers on the corporate account side is poor compared to other companies .

Advice to Management

You need a clear and Enhanced career path for your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Lorien

1. "Lorien Edin - Faceless Body Shopping Agency"

Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Contractor - Senior Project Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I worked at Lorien as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Decent Daily Rate, minimal fuss contract engagements (you will never meet the staff in the office and they are not accessible so in that respects they are totally 'faceless').

Work is available for as long as they want you - but they will fire you ruthlessly and uncaringly whenever they want.

Cons

-Hire and Fire Boddyshopper
    -Uncaring and ruthless as regards contractors
    -Every contractor is 'easily replaced'
    -Contracts of work can be cancelled and terminated 'at any time' i.e. you will be kicked out ruthlessly from client work.
    -Untransparent and faceless (lots of comms with hiring managers and none with the contractor) i.e. backstabbing.
    -Unethical principles - riddled with sales driven management culture.

Advice to Management

Respect people, respect contractors as clearly you have no principles of human decency whatsoever from a recruitment perspective towards contractors.

2. "Best of both worlds"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Pros

The edinburgh office is small enough that it has that family feel while you have the benefits of working for a larger company

I worked with some of my favourite people here and genuinely had fun/motivating/hilarious times almost every day because of that. You need that in the highs and lows of recruitment.

In my team, we worked really closely without the dog-eat-dog competitiveness you get from other recruitment companies. I think this team spirit is echoed in other offices too.

Great, inspiring leadership from the CEO. There is a real lack of hierarchy in lorien and this comes from the top down

Work life balance is really good, you work hard when there are deadlines and stay late if needs be but you are not working from home or trying to catch up in your downtime. It's also always a team effort.

Cons

There are limited paths of progression as there can only be so many 'account managers'. It's something Lorien are at least aware of and tackling though
    The kind of money you make can hugely depend on the luck of which account you are put on

Advice to Management

The changes being made along with the rebranding with cultural values are fantastic, keep up the good work in making Lorien a forward thinking recruitment company. make sure this resonates across all regions and create engagement with all employees.
    Things may have changed since I left but perhaps widen the scope of your incentives to include treats outside of work and non-drinking activities. It may be more appealing to quiet characters.