Lorien - Lorien Resourcing | Glassdoor

"Lorien Resourcing"

I worked at Lorien full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of people, great benefits from a social standpoint

Cons

Nowhere to move up to - salary rather low for back office staff

Other Employee Reviews for Lorien

1. "Great place to Kick off your carreer in recruitment ...."

Current Employee - Resourcer in City of London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Resourcer in City of London, England (UK)

Pros

Lorien is a brilliant place to start your career off in recruitment because they offer an excellent training programme on technologies and recruitment best practise. I was lucky to have a very supportive manager / director who allowed me to take time off when my mother had cancer.
    *Family environment where everyone will try and help you out instead of stab you in your back compared to other agencies .

Cons

*It normal takes about for three years to get promoted from Resourcer to Account Manager on the corporate account side depending on your manager.
    *Commission for resourcers on the corporate account side is poor compared to other companies .

Advice to Management

You need a clear and Enhanced career path for your employees.

2. "Best of both worlds"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Pros

The edinburgh office is small enough that it has that family feel while you have the benefits of working for a larger company

I worked with some of my favourite people here and genuinely had fun/motivating/hilarious times almost every day because of that. You need that in the highs and lows of recruitment.

In my team, we worked really closely without the dog-eat-dog competitiveness you get from other recruitment companies. I think this team spirit is echoed in other offices too.

Great, inspiring leadership from the CEO. There is a real lack of hierarchy in lorien and this comes from the top down

Work life balance is really good, you work hard when there are deadlines and stay late if needs be but you are not working from home or trying to catch up in your downtime. It's also always a team effort.

Cons

There are limited paths of progression as there can only be so many 'account managers'. It's something Lorien are at least aware of and tackling though
    The kind of money you make can hugely depend on the luck of which account you are put on

Advice to Management

The changes being made along with the rebranding with cultural values are fantastic, keep up the good work in making Lorien a forward thinking recruitment company. make sure this resonates across all regions and create engagement with all employees.
    Things may have changed since I left but perhaps widen the scope of your incentives to include treats outside of work and non-drinking activities. It may be more appealing to quiet characters.