Lorna Jane - Best company I've worked for | Glassdoor

"Best company I've worked for"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Sydney

I worked at Lorna Jane part-time

Pros

I complained about minor things at the time, but having worked for four different 'big' retail companies now I can see that Lorna Jane was definitely the best. Head Office is in regular contact with you (even the small stores) and all of the girls were encouraging and really bubbly, nice people. I never really got reprimanded if I made a mistake or our store didn't perform, I simply got more training and an opportunity...

Cons

I did also have a couple of dud managers that didn't even last more than a few months. The staff discount is a bit low considering the high price point of the products. The recruitment process needs work as some of the employees and a mangers I met simply did not suit the role - they didn't even like the brand or product, had no interest in what the company stands for etc.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing but maybe look into refining your recruitment process so as to avoid hiring people who do not reflect LJ's core values

Lorna Jane2016-04-04

"Entreprenuerial Thinking Encouraged"

I have been working at Lorna Jane full-time

Pros

Great company philosophy promoting healthy lifestyle, physically and mentally, and women supporting and encouraging each other. Obtainable growth opportunities from store level to corporate. Company promotes entrepreneurial thinking in individual roles to own your part in the business.

Cons

Last minute changes in strategy from Head Office has challenging effect on field team members No 401(k) benefit

Lorna Jane2019-04-22
  2. "Product Varies"

Current Employee - Shop Supervisor in Brea, CA

I have been working at Lorna Jane part-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount , some flexibility

Cons

Meeting sales goals with current inventory and late shipments. Increasing prices.

Advice to Management

Take Inventory, stop penalizing employees for exchanges. Ship out items to outlets faster.

Lorna Jane2019-07-10

Discover more reviews about Lorna Jane.