Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services - CAREGIVER | Glassdoor
  1. "CAREGIVER"

I worked at Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services full-time

Pros

Work for IHSS taking care of my elderly grandmother

Cons

Its always an issue with getting more hours

Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services2018-01-21

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Benefits...not so great administration"

Former Employee - EW II

I worked at Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

- Great health benefits - Overall stable job - The fact that you work with people

Cons

- Administration is awful - Overwhelming amount of lawsuits against DPSS - Demanding at times - Difficult to progress as a career - It's not what you know its who you know.

Advice to Management

Tackle the problems that face your company, treat your personnel like people not numbers.

Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services2019-03-23
    2. "Run far away from DPSS"

Former Employee - Eligibility Supervisor

I worked at Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

It’s a job - that’s about it.

Cons

If you love getting no money and being over worked then this place is absolutely perfect for you! If you love working with unmotivated and lazy coworkers then this place is also perfect for you! If you love dealing with office politics and managers who don’t care about you then this place is also for you! I wouldn’t wish this work environment for my worst enemy. Please do yourself a favor and look for a job elsewhere....

Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services2019-03-31

Discover more reviews about Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services.