Lou Malnati's Pizzeria - Great place to work! I feel proud to work at Malnati's! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lou Malnati's Pizzeria

"Great place to work! I feel proud to work at Malnati's!"

Pros

Feel genuinely appreciated by my superiors and co-workers. Great developer of people. Honor loyalty and commitment. Great advancement opportunities and benefits. Family atmosphere. FUN place to work. Value their employees. Open, honest and direct communication with staff and leadership. New ideas are encouraged and welcomed. Company and leadership operates by strong values and ethics. Many tools and opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

The hours can sometimes be demanding. Because it is the restaurant industry, we have to work holidays and weekends. Can be physically demanding.

Advice to Management

Continue to not be "corporate" and keep the family values and feel. Continue to keep employees well-informed about important decisions concerning the company. Continue to strive for work/life balance for your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Lou Malnati's Pizzeria

"Lou Malnati's is an unprofessionally managed company."

Pros

Lou Malnati's is a popular restaurant chain so there is a always a large flow of customers. The employee discount and free meal policy is out of sight and though I've never received insurance through the company the employees that I have talked to say it is a fair price and good coverage.

Cons

Communication of changing policies in the company is severely lacking. Management will inform a small number of employees and expect the changed policy or rule to filter down through the rest of the employees causing a telephone game effect. If and how severely an employee is punished for an infraction is based on who they are and the whim of the manager. For example a fellow server was written up for discussing another server's performance "gossiping" while managers will discuss server's work performance in front of other servers and cooks. Many managers have unprofessional managing styles including screaming, making fun, public embarrassment and condescending attitudes and phrasing while employees are being reprimanded.

Advice to Management

The Malnati's Organization is in bad need of a managerial revamp including more careful selection of managers and managerial training courses instead of just shadowing. If the management continues to train in the way they are the problems that are evident will continue to run rampant throughout the company. Lou Malnati’s has passed the size where it is acceptable to not fully train their managers because there is an inability to keep a close eye on the everyday management by the leadership. An example of a more professionally run homegrown company is Portillo’s Restaurant Group and I believe that the Malnati Organization could take a page out of their book in managerial training and discipline.

2. "Awesome work place"

Former Employee - Key Employee in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Key Employee in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at Lou Malnati's Pizzeria (More than 5 years)

Pros

Family like environment. Very fun place to work

Cons

Nothing I didn't like about working here

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Recruiter

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time being a part of our team! We pride ourselves in providing our team members with the best experiences while... More