Lovesac - Joining Lovesac was unexpected, but exactly what I needed! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac

"Joining Lovesac was unexpected, but exactly what I needed!"

Current Employee - Operations Lead
Current Employee - Operations Lead

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm not giving a 5 star rating because I think Lovesac is perfect. No company can be perfect because, at least to my knowledge, they are all still run by human beings. Rather, I am giving it 5 stars because I believe that it is a company made up of individuals who share a love of the product they are selling. And not only do they sell it, they live it! After spending work hours explaining the cleverness and uniqueness of Sacs and Sactionals, many (including myself) go home to enjoy the very same with loved ones. Even our CEO gets excited for new fabrics for her Sactionals and shares photos of her own home with her latest Sactionals configuration!

It is true that the company is young and is growing, and with that comes growing pains. But isn't that better than a company who has grown stagnant and dull? A growing and changing company also creates opportunity for career growth. I am happy to be a part of Lovesac, and have every intention of sticking around for a long time!

Cons

I think the Cons of working at Lovesac have more to do with working in the retail industry in general. Hours on your feet, dealing with difficult customers, working nights and weekends just come with the territory.

Other Employee Reviews for Lovesac

1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Store Leader
    Current Employee - Store Leader

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product here is amazing! So much fun to show to customers, they are always blown away! We get lots of information and help from HQ. We are growing quickly and HQ does a good job of keeping up, updating procedures as necessary, and they take our feedback and use it!

Cons

No cons, just be flexible as we are quickly growing and with growth comes change. You must be able to embrace change!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Dysfunctional company with great product"

I have been working at Lovesac full-time

Pros

The product is really amazing, and a fun working environment, no commission pressure, company has some good values, company is growing.

Cons

No employes reviews, deep lack of communication from HQ to stores, complicated and not user friendly systems for ringing up, inventory is beyond unorganized, lack of raises to any store employees, little to no advertizement of the brand. The company makes their managers pay out of pocket for some store supplies such as light bulbs, extension cords, etc. and are reimbursed weeks later. Things are harder & complicated than they should be working in this company.

Advice to Management

I believe the upper management needs to take a look at the employees who are showing dedicated, performing well, really caring about their jobs and give reviews/raises/promotions where fit...THEY are making up this company and making you money. Invest in them before you loose someone great. Your have stores with high turn over...wondering why they're not making budget! In addition, product for customers can be back ordered for LONG periods (I've seen over 4 months)...ridiculous. Stop making your managers pay for store supplies out of their pockets and reimburis them, that's ridiculous to ask of. And some weeks store budgets are over 25-35% over the previous year, they should be re-looked at. Maybe it's the traffic and not your team.