Lovesac - Wonderful! This job takes a lot of hard work, but is very rewarding! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac

"Wonderful! This job takes a lot of hard work, but is very rewarding!"

Current Employee - Store Leader in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Store Leader in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are appreciated for your hard work, the product is AMAZING and love working with the people!

Cons

Because it is a growing company, changes happen often to make the company even better. If you are able to adapt to change and roll with it, I really don't see this as a con.

Advice to Management

Continue to show appreciation of hard work and dedication...it goes a long way.

Other Employee Reviews for Lovesac

"Merchandising lead"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Lovesac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Founder and Product was ingenious and outstanding, Benefits and starting salary were good

Cons

Thought the product and company were outstanding. There was little or no training. What training you did have was on the floor in front of customers and peers. One computer to put in all sales. I was told from the beginning that there was no cut throat mentality there which was absolutely not true. You still have to meet quota even though it's a salary job. Which is easy enough when you have a sales background but when the manager her self will steal your sales that's pretty cut throat to me.. She also called me often in my down time to open the store for her because she was always late. Once I started making sure that I got credit for my sales she made sure that my job was terminated asking me to sign paper work which stated lies to back her self up. When i wouldn't sign she threatened my pay saying that it would be with held from me.. Really very unprofessional sales people and management!!

"Amazing Products"

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to honestly share with customers the awesomeness of quality and comfort that will last the test of time is untouchable. The fact that there is a, fairly standard, discount offered to employees to encourage personal use and knowledge of the high end products is also a pro.

Cons

The seeming lack of communication between corporate and stores as well as zone leaders and everyone is astounding. I also believe that there are communication issues between those at HQ as well.
    Pay rates fluctuate dramatically between employees. For hourly positions, rates start over minimum wadge but don't coincide at all with the prices that are charged for the products sold.
    Promos aren't shared with employees until the day they are being rolled into effect. Even when honestly sharing with customers that 'we really don't know what the next promotion is going to be' sales associates come across as though they are being untruthful. Not how we should be presenting ourselves.
    Some zone leaders like the rah-rah mentality at the cost of showcasing/shaming those stores that are struggling. Not acceptable.
    Not so secret secrets.

Advice to Management

Get each of the departments at HQ sitting together and encourage fluid communication between them so that they can communicate with stores in a cohesive and timely manner.
    Pay people what they are worth. If you have someone who represents the company well and works well with the customers, pay them as such. For people working full time or near full time, they should be able to actually live (not like kings but pay the bills and not have to decide between transportation or food).
    Store employees aren't looking for trade secrets but a little bit of a heads up as to where promotions are going to be heading would be nice.
    Even though everyone may need a kick in the pants once in a while doesn't mean that it is okay to shame them in front of their peers on a regular basis. Something about bees and honey not vinegar.
    Knowing that other stores are going to close or have major management changes before the store in question knows is just jerky.