Lovesac - If corporate gets it together this company will skyrocket | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lovesac

"If corporate gets it together this company will skyrocket"

I worked at Lovesac (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great coworkers, great experience. One of the more flexible retail stores.

Cons

Leadership needs an overhaul, no support from corporate if any they place blame on the store. Constantly adding busy work & new policies then ending policies without notice. Barely any promotions from within.

Other Employee Reviews for Lovesac

1. "Highly innovative products with poor direction, communication, and logistics."

I have been working at Lovesac part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The product is really well thought out. People love the product and want to have it. The main barriers to buying are price, it is not a cheap couch.

The employees are often some of the most enthusiastic and fun people to work with.

I wish I could come up with more, because I do love the product.

Cons

The main con is that employees are not given the tools they need to be successful, and without the help of other experienced salespersons who have been around for a while it would be near impossible to execute day to day operations without spending weeks if not months training by doing.

There are no bar codes and very few labels on product in the store, and any labels that are on product are often renamed in the computer system to something different. Therefore, you need to learn how to manipulate the search algorithms in the computer in order to find product and/or memorize product names.

There are almost always customer issues that are not handled correctly or are blatantly ignored by management/HQ. In this company, 'the customer is always right' does not ring as true as it should and our reputation with suffer because of this.

Lovesac aims to be a Fortune 500 Top 100 company's to work for by 2015. Having worked with a company for almost 4 years that has made this list for over 10 consecutive years, I can honestly say this will be a very difficult task to accomplish.

Advice to Management

Work on communication issues - when we have a customer issue and we are trying to get clarification from HQ it is not appropriate for them to wait 5+ days to respond.

Logistics need to be streamlined - we often times see product ship without tracking numbers being given to anyone or product arriving at customers house before we've even been notified it has shipped. Also, things getting shipped to the wrong clients or completely random addresses.

Inventory needs to be more accurately recorded and kept - we never know for sure if something is available or not or where it may be. There is a very rudimentary excel sheet that they send out daily basis that gives a good idea, but we need a real-time inventory system that tells us exactly what is available. The number of emails sent between stores or from HQ asking if anyone has product is not only a burden and time waster for EVERY store to read

"Amazing Products"

I have been working at Lovesac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Being able to honestly share with customers the awesomeness of quality and comfort that will last the test of time is untouchable. The fact that there is a, fairly standard, discount offered to employees to encourage personal use and knowledge of the high end products is also a pro.

Cons

The seeming lack of communication between corporate and stores as well as zone leaders and everyone is astounding. I also believe that there are communication issues between those at HQ as well.
    Pay rates fluctuate dramatically between employees. For hourly positions, rates start over minimum wadge but don't coincide at all with the prices that are charged for the products sold.
    Promos aren't shared with employees until the day they are being rolled into effect. Even when honestly sharing with customers that 'we really don't know what the next promotion is going to be' sales associates come across as though they are being untruthful. Not how we should be presenting ourselves.
    Some zone leaders like the rah-rah mentality at the cost of showcasing/shaming those stores that are struggling. Not acceptable.
    Not so secret secrets.

Advice to Management

Get each of the departments at HQ sitting together and encourage fluid communication between them so that they can communicate with stores in a cohesive and timely manner.
    Pay people what they are worth. If you have someone who represents the company well and works well with the customers, pay them as such. For people working full time or near full time, they should be able to actually live (not like kings but pay the bills and not have to decide between transportation or food).
    Store employees aren't looking for trade secrets but a little bit of a heads up as to where promotions are going to be heading would be nice.
    Even though everyone may need a kick in the pants once in a while doesn't mean that it is okay to shame them in front of their peers on a regular basis. Something about bees and honey not vinegar.
    Knowing that other stores are going to close or have major management changes before the store in question knows is just jerky.