KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lowes is a good company to work for except their rate of pay.

Apr 12, 2017 - Customer Service Associate in Spokane, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about working for Lowes is the benefits. They off stock at a 15% discount for employees, 401K, they match 100% up the first 3%, 50% match up to 5% and 25% at 6%. They also offer dental, vision, and medical as well as many others.

Cons

The worst thing I have found in working for Lowes is the rate of pay for a college graduate with experience in the business. Just as any retail job, the hours can be hard, especially if you work until 11:00pm and have to be back at 5:00am the next morning. Sometimes manager favorites can be hard to deal with also.

Continue reading
    19 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great job

Nov 29, 2021 - Custmor Services Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team members and salary

Cons

The hours were long and late.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Lowe's Home Improvement Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great But No Room For Growth

Nov 2, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great stream of work - Great people - Great projects - Not too many meetings taking over your calendar - Work that you can see the end result and where it ends up - Great feedback -Work/life balance is amazing

Cons

My only 2 cons are that Lowe's PTO is not competitive in the slightest. When looking around at what other jobs are offering and comparing to what my friend's jobs offer they don't give nearly enough PTO to their salaried corporate employees. Most companies now are offering unlimited PTO. I have to ration my days to make it to weddings and holidays. Speaking of holidays, the only paid holidays you get off are Thanksgiving and Christmas because if the store is open so are we which is complete BS. I shouldn't be using my already small number of PTO days to take off the 4th of July, Christmas Eve, New Year's, etc. It's a little ridiculous. I am sitting in front of my computer Mon-Fri from 8-5. The store-level people are not. I should be getting off the normal holidays that literally every other job gives you. My second con is that there is no room for growth. Management does not seem to want to help clear a path or help define where my or my peers' next moves could be and when interviewing for my position the entire draw-in was how much growth this position would have.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement.