Cover image for Lowe's Home Improvement

Former Employee

Decent

Nov 28, 2022 - Lumber and Building Materials Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some nice people to work with

Cons

The customer was always rude to employees

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Grateful

Dec 24, 2022 - Order Puller in Simpsonville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Endless information to soak up. Most people should gain knowledge and experience just by being associated with Lowes. But the opportunity to be paid from ones experience and in a way be paid by an individual basis vs a position or title depicting a individuals worth. Love that.

Cons

3rd shift not being allowed outside of the building.. I believe every employee should have the same opportunity so if 1st shift can leave for lunch or go outside for a smoke break I think all employees should have that same right. Or no shift should. That's just my way of keeping the playing field the same so different shift don't look at each other like the opposite team or divided causing separation. And the cause and effect of everything that transpires from envoy and jealousy or negativity caused by different things allowed and not allowed depending on the shift. And by not allowing any special privilege or anything to divide any members for any reason. Instead of 1st shift or 3rd shift looking at one another as different from one another they would ideally just be a Lowes employee not classed into individual groups that have status and creating limits instead of opportunity.

Continue reading
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not a bad place to work .

Jan 26, 2023 - Fulfillment Associate in Wilmington, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom of the position. A controlled environment as long as you're not working in the garden center, pulling carts or outside in lumber. The benefits should be included & not paid for by the employees. This company would probably have heart failure at the mention of a UNION. Advancement is there for the taking plus the employee has other training options. .

Cons

#1 Pay is not what I would call satisfactory . #2 Working conditions are not that great either . #3 Keeping up to date on their computer training , which I understand is a priority . #4 Work schedule, you can expect to work almost every weekend. #5 Attempting to get time off. There's not much flexibility so people are forced to call out unless you can swap schedules, GOOD LUCK. #6 Expect to have to bust your butts to appease the NOT so surprise inspections . #7 Store & Department management can in a lot of cases be the stores downfall. #8 Grossly understaffed. my job is made so much harder when I/we have to stop to help customers because of the lack of dept support. #9 Pulling appliances for customer pickup especially the real heavy ones.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Lowe's Home Improvement.

Lowe's Home Improvement Careers

Cover image for Lowe's Home Improvement

Since 1921, Lowe's has been improving home improvement. From day one, our history shows a dedication to providing our very best to the...More

• Careers
  • Lowe's Heroes
  • Benefits
  • Development

Lowe's Home Improvement Photos

+ Add Photo
Lowe's Home Improvement photo of: Lowe's India opens its second office in Bengaluru
Lowe's Home Improvement photo of: Lowe's India launches its second office in Bengaluru
Lowe's Home Improvement photo of: Photo inside Lowe
Lowe's Home Improvement photo of: Meet our Lowe's 2019 Summer interns!
Lowe's Home Improvement photo of: Check out our new Military Vests
Lowe's Home Improvement photo of: Lowe's associates handing out buckets filled with cleaning supplies, masks, and other essential items.
Lowe's Home Improvement photo of: Associates in Lowe's Regional Distribution Centers prepare orders and items for disbursement across the country.

Lowe's Home Improvement Job Seekers Also Viewed