Lowe's - Good pay for retail | Glassdoor

"Good pay for retail"

Current Employee - Cashier II in Chandler, AZ
Current Employee - Cashier II in Chandler, AZ

Pros

Nice people, , good health,medical,dental plan. Easy job

Cons

Constant rotating shifts. Can be early 1 day and close next day. Raise are not based on merit. Small pay raise at same time for each anniversary. Last raise .13 Company does not back up employees- follow rules-if customer complains they get what they want. Why have rules?

Advice to Management

If you want to cut down on turn over offer set shifts. Main reason people leave. Many need to know more than 1 week in advance.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

"Management has no clue!"

Former Employee - CSA II in Glen Allen, VA
    Former Employee - CSA II in Glen Allen, VA

Pros

Fellow associates are great people. Most are truly dedicated to doing a great job. Many are professionals with valuable experience. Lowe's Corp does try to offer good employee benefits.

Cons

The scheduling process is meaningless with no employee input - the store manager makes the schedules. Lowe's has a ridiculous process of staging employees at various points around the store fore for 2 to 3 hours stints - so employess are located out of there area of expertise and are supposed to help the customer.

Advice to Management

Store management treats the employees like idiots; some employees have little experience, but many have valuable experience which management ignores. Change the scheduling process so a department manager can schedule his own employees!

"A steady decline into nothingness"

Current Employee - Receiver in Troy, OH
    Current Employee - Receiver in Troy, OH

Pros

The benefits are good. Lowe's has some of the best insurance for full-time and part-time positions. Their vision is about the best you can get.

Cons

Lowe's has fallen hard. I've worked there for seven years. My full-time position was terminated and my hours cut down to an average of 16 a week. Applied for multiple positions, but they are given to favorites. My seven years of service means nothing to our new management team. They bring in new people and pay them much more than me. It is insulting.

Advice to Management

It's okay for a company to try and save a buck, but when you screw over good employees to get it, then eventually all you will end up with is a non-functional store. Cut cost elsewhere, not at the expense of your companies backbone, the people. We have bills to pay and lives to live. You just lose good people and replace us with worthless people. It will bring you down in the end.