Lowe's - It is a fun place to work with very little work drama. | Glassdoor
  1. "It is a fun place to work with very little work drama."

Head Cashier in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Lowe's

Pros

The people I work with are great. The company cares about its people and has almost monthly cookouts. They are usually fair in their dealings with employees and customers alike.

Cons

The policies need to be communicated and enforced with more regularity. Often there is a lack of communication from management down to head cashiers and cashiers. It is difficult to provide good customer service when policies are never enforced in the same manner.

Advice to Management

The policies need to be communicated and enforced with more regularity including military discounts, dress code, breaks/lunches. Corporate needs to rewrite the return policy to be more stringent. I agree with most of the policies, they just need to be enforced.

Lowe's2011-09-16
  1. "Teamwork"

Current Employee - Mule in New York, NY

I have been working at Lowe's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to advance with HS diploma.

Cons

Leadership has more customer service backgrounds than sales background. Pleasing the client is a quarter of the battle. Selling the products seem to take a back seat. Inadequate sales force leads to poor customer relations which makes management run around putting out constant fires.

Advice to Management

Train to sell products, not remedies.

Lowe's2019-09-22
  2. "Specialist Jobs at Lowes"

Former Employee - Millwork Specialist

I worked at Lowe's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good teamwork across the floor positions

Cons

Spotty management process for selection of section managers

Advice to Management

Spend more time in the selection process before assuming that the person with the longest affiliation is the best choice for management.

Lowe's2019-09-22

Discover more reviews about Lowe's.