Lowe's - Awesome Summer Job! | Glassdoor

"Awesome Summer Job!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Pros

It was very high pay, good long breaks, and they made you feel like you belong there. It was fun to work there, and felt less like a job than most summer jobs do.

Cons

The hours would dwindle as the summer went on and full time hours were very hard to come by after July 4th since the money coming in was not as much.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "A friendly environment that empowers employees to help customers find the most convienent way to improving their project"

Current Employee - Seasonal Customer Service Associate Lumber in Olive Branch, MS

Pros

Friendly and casual atmosphere, clean and safe work environment, employee empowerment, flexible shifts, corporate transparency, many locations with minimal commute,

Cons

Individual achievement and hard work is not proportionally recognized or lauded for all employees who contribute to the same goal.

Advice to Management

In the absence of a department manager, designate a non management employee as shift-leader or teamleader for their department.

"If you do your job as you promised when you signed it is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Seasonal Cashier in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Management at my store are outstanding. We all work as a team to get the job done. Registers are easy to operate...it tells you everything you have to do so it's pretty much straight forward. Co-workers are very helpful. If I need a day off I don't have a problem getting it...as long as I give them proper notice. I get 2 days off...usually both in a row so it's a nice little vacation lol. Working at Lowe's you can learn a LOT and you get inspired to "Never Stop Improving" projects for your home...as corny as that sounds its true!

Cons

Really some cashiers need to stop whining. Most at my store don't but you have those few you whine every five minutes. Come in and do your job. Lowe's is a place where you can advance if you have the right attitude. Some head cashiers need to enforce policies more often. Training could be improved.....

Advice to Management

Head cashiers please remember when it's time for someone to be relieved so they can go home....do it on time. Seriously I don't like calling to remind you...as I know it upsets you because you already got a lot to deal with but in the other hand you have to then cut my hours because I have OT hours. It's really frustrating.