Lowe's - Relaxed corporate culture in Wilkesboro | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Relaxed corporate culture in Wilkesboro"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkesboro, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkesboro, NC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, good people = Great job

Cons

It takes a while to be fully integrated.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Great Environment to work in and start a career"

Current Employee - Support Technician in Wilkesboro, NC
    Current Employee - Support Technician in Wilkesboro, NC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lowes is a great place to work, the teamwork there is fantastic. They have a very "family" feel to the workplace. I felt like part of the team the moment I set foot in the door. There are plenty of very knowledgable people, who are very willing to teach new skills.

Cons

The new hire process was a little slow. Login IDs and other information like that was not available right away and when you got them, the permissions could wrong and access would be denied to tools you needed.

"Misguided Direction."

Current Employee - Department Manager in Georgetown, KY
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Georgetown, KY

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay for Retail, Good vacation benefits, Decent 401k performance match. Employee discount was good but they are killing it AUG 21.

Cons

Lowe's killed its commission program at the beginning of the year, The computer system is horrible. The company has no interest in rewarding good employees or retaining good sales people. Its retail so the schedule is not very good for people with families but thats not exclusive to lowes. The company is trying to be an online retailer, this means they are lowering stock levels in stores. We have to tell customers their replacement fridge will take 5+ days to get. This setup did not work for Service Merchandise. Lowes wasted a fortune buying I-phones for every store in the company, weve had them for over a year and they barely work ( slow apps, horrible call quality). After we purchased the iphones we started a partnership with Microsoft for our IT upgrades. What a waste, im sure Microsoft would have made us a better deal on phone tech.

Advice to Management

Listen to your store level employees. Stock your stores. Pay more to get a good sales team. Stop running skeleton crews 7 days a week. Bring back comissions. Stop buying garbage like ATGstores.com. If a customer is savvy enough to shop online they are smart enough to look around and find the best price. ATG is usually 20% more expensive than amazon.