Lowe's - former lowes employee | Glassdoor

"former lowes employee"

Former Employee - Depatrment Manager in Muskogee, OK
Former Employee - Depatrment Manager in Muskogee, OK

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lowes is solid company with a strong history in home improvement retail sales. If you are willing to work hard, there are many oportunities to advance in the company.

Cons

Corporate decisions don't allow enough flexibility for individual stores to reach their maximum potential. Store management should be allowed a greater say in store policy.

Advice to Management

Increase associate wages to reduce turnover.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Easy Job, Crap Hours"

Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Part Time Cashier in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay. Easy job. Everyone was nice.

Cons

The hours sucked. I was part time and only got 2 days a week (sat & sun) for 8 hours both days. I only got this job to not be bored while my husband was at work during the week. Hes military so I only really see him on weekends and when I explained this to them they said they only needed me for weekends.

Advice to Management

Dont shove the required amount of hours you give someone into two days then give them the rest of the week off. Spread the hours out.

2. "Great, hard working team members, but bad store management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People that work there tend to work very hard, which motivated me to perform hard as well. Learned many things, due to the many departments.

Cons

Store management focusing on making the store look stocked by eliminating empty selling locations, which had previous out of stock product, with product already that has another selling location. This makes it when the out of stock product does come back into the store it no longer has a selling location and just goes up to top stock

Advice to Management

I understand that you don't want any holes on the selling shelf, but you should make it where we can change it back once the product gets back into the store.