Lowe's - Great place to work with out a degree | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Great place to work with out a degree"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay for work performed, benefits are good (stock purchase plan 15% off, 401k matches 6% of contribution, off one weekend plus extra sunday a month, 40% of base bonus end of year depending on store sales, 2 weeks of vacation after 1 year 3 weeks after 5 years 4 weeks after 15 years

Cons

Bonus went from 60% to 40%, inventory bonus gone, health insurance is not very good and keeps geting worse, 4 weeks of vacations used to be after 10 years and is now 15 years. Most other retailers offer every other weekend off, and more vacation sooner

Advice to Management

I like most of the many changes except, taking away of inventory bonus, and sales bonus %

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Corporate micromanages"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Burton, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Burton, MI

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are, in general, relaxed, helpful and good with customers. Store management is easy to get along with and competent.

Cons

Too many corporate policies and rules stifle creativity, enthusiasm and store improvement. Plus, many things that should be left up to the individual stores (with oversite) are decided at the corporate level with unwelcome results.

Advice to Management

Give more leeway to the stores and floor employees to respond to the environment and to innovate retail practices. All your metrics (short-term thinking) pale in comparison to the power of motivated and savvy employees.

"Good People/Management- Wacky Schedule"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Opportunity for adavancement. Enjoyed working with 95% of the employees. My management team was solid (in the two stores I was employed)

Cons

The rotating schedule is crazy. You feel like you are always there. Not to mention the schedule will have you close before your one day off and then open the next day after, so it does not feel like a day off at all.

Advice to Management

Change the schedule.