Lowe's - I enjoy my job as a FSA. sometimes it seems overwelling. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"I enjoy my job as a FSA. sometimes it seems overwelling."

Current Employee - Faciliity Service Associate in Schenectady, NY
Current Employee - Faciliity Service Associate in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I like more of the people I work with. The job is fun and always changing, never the same thing every day.

Cons

Pay is the usual for retail I guess.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Lowe's is not the same Lowes's it once was"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Medford, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Medford, NY

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a job. I've learned alot in the department I work in so no complaints there. I'm able to rotate and work in different departments in the store if their short handed. They do occasionally treat their employees to a catered lunch during lunch hours which is nice. Putting in for days off isn't hard and I've never been denied. I get along well with most of the employees. Lowe's does give potential monthly bonuses depending on the overall sales of the store.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that there is unfair scheduling in the store I work in. Department Managers show favoritism to certain employees so that these employees rarely have to close on weekends and it seems the same employees are scheduled to close time after time on saturdays and weekdays. When I've complained to the department manager and upper management about the unfair scheduling, it's fallen on deaf ears or they try to tell you it's corporate rotation when it's obvious that this rotation only applies to a handful of employees.
    Another chief complaint of mine is the lack of team work among the employees. This causes the work load to be done by a few not by all. The store I work at is consistantly short handed so employees are many times required to run 2-3 departments by themselves. Customers complain about the lack of service all the time to the customer service desk but being so short handed we have no choice but to run back and forth between departments.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees concerns and complaints instead of just ignoring and pacifying them with a response that leads to no action being taken. Lowe's used to be a great place to work and it's a shame that the store that I work at has declined in employee morale to the point that no one seems to really care about each other.
    My advice to Corporate HQ is maybe if you offered your employees that close the store a pay differential, you might find there would be more employees wanting to close and it would eliminate what appears to be unfair scheduling in regards to who closes the store and who doesn't.

2. "Corporate Robot"

Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Human Resources Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours, Bonus was Okay. Work with good employees.

Cons

Upper Managemnet has no Clue about store. Corporate Culture where you are only a number and can be replaced w/ ease. No support, on your own