Lowe's - Lowes Plumbing Specialist | Glassdoor

"Lowes Plumbing Specialist"

Current Employee - CSA Flooring in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - CSA Flooring in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lowes is a very nice place to work at. They are always trying to improve on Customer Service.

Cons

Sometimes career opportunities are difficult because you have to learn so much about a particular job and you have to ask a lot of employees for help on doing different tasks.

Advice to Management

Look at the employees who are COMMITTED to improving customer service through their actions on the sales floor.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Worst place I ever worked at"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Georgia Southern, GA
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Georgia Southern, GA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, the workers were nice

Cons

The management at the Dc was absolutely horrible. They discriminated against me because i was a woman. And had me fired within a month for a bogus reason. I will not stand for this. Young women beware!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Stop being discriminating against young women we work just as hard as men do!!

2. "Lowe's work schedules and environment"

Former Employee - Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lowe's is an excellent retailer in terms of store layout, website and consumer pricing.

Cons

The schedule of working hours, especially for store management is unhealthy. It consists of rolling shift changes over a 28 day period with start times and days off constantly changing. This is known by the National Institutes of Health to be a health hazard for cardiac illness and for sleep-deprivation disorders, not to mention the inability to schedule education and family needs. In short they own your time and energy. Managers may treat employees like wage slaves rather than respected co-workers.This may depend on the Store Manager. Regional Manager seemed to have a take no prisoners domineering attitude.

Advice to Management

Give people the respect they deserve. Adjust shift work to change hours no less than three weeks a rotation so they can adjust. The same days off each week would be a great help to students and busy families.Iin short treat employees properly and watch their productivity go up. Otherwise you have stulified and angry employees, which most of the employees I know already are.