Lowe's - Easy job | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Easy job"

Former Employee - CSA in Ann Arbor, MI
Former Employee - CSA in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Managers were all laid back, pay was solid for a college retail job. The store would pay for cookouts on holidays and we received bonuses as a store if we did well enough.

Cons

None I can think of

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

"No real chance for promotion"

Current Employee - Installed Sales Coordinator
    Current Employee - Installed Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, large company with a good reputation; company discount on products; opportunity to learn about products you might want to use in your own home.

Cons

Not much hands on training, most was online. Even if you aren't a cashier, about 2-3 times a year, they pull you from your regular duties and put you on the register. Not much support while your up there either. Very little opportunity for any kind of decent raise - max is usually $.25 per hour; if you've been there awhile, I heard your max is only $.17 per hour.

Advice to Management

Need to care more about your people than you do about your products. My immediate zone manager was not very supportive at all. They put way more focus on the fear that products wouldn't be accounted for in inventory than they did on the people working for them.

2. "This Ship Is Sinking"

Current Employee - Department Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People you work with, Customers generally friendly, and just want help and guidance. Fun products to deal with.

Cons

Lack of associate training, reduction of sales incentives. Associates not held accountable to standards. Management does not follow policies. Get back to basics. Full shelves, adequate back stock. Improve training and direction for floor staff. Set realistic and attainable goals.

Advice to Management

Just because your stock price is going up, doesn't mean all is rosy. HD is killing us on commercial sales, and we are losing market share due to not focusing on the basics. Yes we can increase flex fulfilment and be more technology y driven, but don't walk away from the basics.