Lowe's - Statement: Terrible work environment, terrible management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Statement: Terrible work environment, terrible management"

Former Employee - Cashier in Easton, PA
Former Employee - Cashier in Easton, PA

I worked at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• It was a job. It paid the bills
• Met a few cool people that were fellow co-workers
• Employee Discount
• Can wear jeans and sneakers to work

Cons

• They worked me to the bone. I wanted full-time but they kept me as part-time, giving me 39 hours per week just so that I couldn’t have benefits or vacation.
• They are open on Easter which is ridiculous. I flat out told my manager that if he scheduled me I wasn’t coming in.
• Management is not approachable (at least in the Easton PA store). They sigh and give dirty looks when you try to ask anything.
• As a cashier, I have to call for coverage when I have to use the restroom. A few times, it took them 30+ minutes to send me coverage
• They made front end cashiers such as myself clean at the end of the night. We got stuck cleaning bathrooms and toilets. GROSS! If I wanted to clean toilets, I would have been a janitor. That wasn’t in my job description.
• They never let you out on time. They expect you to stay late after you’ve worked 8-9 hours.
• Discount was only 10% for employees when most companies offer 20%
• Concrete floor, which hurts your feet when you have to stand at register all day

Advice to Management

• Care a little less about making money and more about your employees. You expect employees to be loyal to the company, yet don’t give the same in return.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "IMPACT"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate II in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate II in Charleston, SC

I worked at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lowe's is overall one of the best companies with which I have been associated. I would return as an employee in a heartbeat if the situation were to present itself. For now, I will continue to be a regular customer!

Cons

Poor management locally and too much "one-upmanship" among the assistant and department managers. Policies not equally enforced 100% of the time. (The management team has changed at my store since my resignation occurred.)

Advice to Management

I agree with another poster on this board concerning the confusion re: IMPACT hours. Before any of the management team enforces policies/rules, all members of the team should be on the same page. Also, if certain employees don't wish to work during their hours, then people who WANT to work should be given the opportunities. Lowe's is too important as a company to put up with slackers who don't really care.

2. "Lowes home imp."

Current Employee - ASM in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - ASM in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Discounted merchandise for employees when available.

Cons

Current atmosphere of expendability of long term tenured management.Only consideration seems
    to be minimizing management P/R in order to put more red vests on floor.Running scared of the
    BIG ORANGE BOX after HD's recent upsurge combined with Lowes drop in comp.store sales as
    well customer service ratings.