Lowe's - delivery | Glassdoor

"delivery"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Albuquerque, NM
Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great company,checks allways in bank,treat you good,Stable enviroment.good employer,Great locations,good training

Cons

not much bad to say ,hours could be better,but its realtail,more time off on weekends would be nice,its a job

Advice to Management

less stress

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Many ups and downs through almost 10 years of employment. Experience changes immensely depending upon management."

Former Employee - Department Manager in New Castle, PA
    Former Employee - Department Manager in New Castle, PA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Every associate is empowered to do what they need to do to take care of and satisfy the customer. When working with the right people, management, and customers, working at Lowe's can be a fun experience.

Cons

Not enough time to get tasks done. Management piles the tasks on you but limits when you can actually work on them to only a few hours throughout the workday. They tend to depend upon the harder workers to get everything done and let the lazy associates be. In my opinion, that's extremely unfair. Also, there is very limited room for promotion.

Advice to Management

Train and certify everyone in all of the service areas and all the power equipment, rather than rely on the few people who are willing to learn as much as they possibly can.

2. "Too many lies told in interview process"

Current Employee - Week Day Team in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Week Day Team in Reno, NV

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly folks. Good products. Employees try hard to please.

Cons

Was told during interview process that Lowes values experience and ability and pays accordingly. Having a long and successful career in customer satisfaction and high technical abilities I expected that the pay would be reasonable. They could not specify the amount, but based on the manager's statements I proceeded to work for Lowes and during orientation was informed that $8.99 per hour was what they thought I was worth. As I had turned down an offer from HD for $9.74 based on the prevarication I was disappointed to say the least. Even after several weeks of personal sales of well over $1000 per day my inquiry for a review was met with "this is what the computer came up with" and that was that! "they've given you a number and taken way your name.."

Advice to Management

Recognize talent when it is presented. Incentive drives the really good employees and disincentive makes them grumpy. (perhaps this explains the large # of grouches I encounter in red vests?)