Lowe's - I love Lowe's and they pay decent. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"I love Lowe's and they pay decent."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Sylva, NC
Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Sylva, NC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, people, easy, fun, helpful

Cons

I love Lowes, that's it

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

"Finish the reorganization and get back to business!"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lowe's is a big company and offers the typical benefits that come from working for a big company in benefits, work environment, standards of conduct, etc. Typically good opportunities for promotion. Salaries are average. Flexible work is available if your VP supports it.

Cons

Over the last 24 months Lowe's has, and continues, to go through management restructuring and identifying people and positions that are no longer needed. This is all intended to reduce expenses and be competitive with Home Depot. Read comments from analysts and you'll understand. This has seriously hindered upward mobility for now.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately, the continual reorganization takes it's toll on everyone because everyone is waiting for the axe to fall. Just get it done and move on! It was supposed to be concluded after they asked for voluntary buy-outs last year.

Just get back to basics and stop messing with things that are not important to your customers such as My Lowe's (the non-loyalty loyalty program) and in-store connectivity. All you customers are connected and don't care if employees can look something up for a customer. They do it themselves! Put the product in the customers' hands and move on. You have seriously complicated the operations.

2. "Too many lies told in interview process"

Current Employee - Week Day Team in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Week Day Team in Reno, NV

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly folks. Good products. Employees try hard to please.

Cons

Was told during interview process that Lowes values experience and ability and pays accordingly. Having a long and successful career in customer satisfaction and high technical abilities I expected that the pay would be reasonable. They could not specify the amount, but based on the manager's statements I proceeded to work for Lowes and during orientation was informed that $8.99 per hour was what they thought I was worth. As I had turned down an offer from HD for $9.74 based on the prevarication I was disappointed to say the least. Even after several weeks of personal sales of well over $1000 per day my inquiry for a review was met with "this is what the computer came up with" and that was that! "they've given you a number and taken way your name.."

Advice to Management

Recognize talent when it is presented. Incentive drives the really good employees and disincentive makes them grumpy. (perhaps this explains the large # of grouches I encounter in red vests?)