Lowe's - Loss Prevention | Glassdoor

"Loss Prevention"

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lowe's has great benefits for associates. Many changes have occurred over the last several years and the company continues to change on its road to the future.

Cons

It is difficult to transition to positions in other areas of the company from Loss Prevention even with prior experience and training.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Product Service Associate in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Product Service Associate in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

starts out at a pretty decent entry level pay. offers benefits. opportunity to advance

Cons

inconsistent work schedules. you never knew what time or hours you would work from week to week

Advice to Management

provide some stability in schedule to your full time employees. don't schedule full time employees around the availibility of part time employees. people need consistency in their work schedule

2. "Been great since I have worked there."

Current Employee - Cashier in Southgate, MI
    Current Employee - Cashier in Southgate, MI

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The particular Lowes I work at has treated me great. started off with a great pay (at least for a college student). They gave me good hours and when issues arrive, like i had to take work off, they helped me out finding someone to take my shift. Honestly it all depends on the people you work with. If you work with loving people and you are loving, your experience is going to be great no matter where you work.

Cons

As a cashier, management does ask for some pretty high standards. They want you to get some challenging percents on your credit card rates and other stuff but its all on your job description so you just have to work hard on it.

Advice to Management

give us more training and advice for the credit card rates and such. Also dont be so demanding on them as well be understanding that most customers do not want such things and just want to be checked out without being offered 5 different things. Maybe instead of trying to push for the percentages give rewards for the ones with great percents so it gives us good reasons to wanna work hard on them.