Lowe's - Greatest place to work! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Greatest place to work!"

Current Employee - Weekday Customer Service Specialist in Indian Harbour Beach, FL

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, very clean, love EVERYTHING!

Cons

there are nocons love everything.

Advice to Management

Management is amazing. Super friendly! Willing to listen. Love everyone.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Ok beneits and pay could be better for current employees,no more commission."

Current Employee - Department Manager in Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Department Manager in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bonuses are ok at specialist and department manager. People you work with are probably the only thing that makes the job fun.

Cons

Working Weekends, No set schedule, Customers are difficult some days. Executives keeping taking lower level benefits away such as commission and making bonus programs harder to reach so they don't have to pay out.

Advice to Management

Promote within not external. Make set shifts company wide.

"Was once a wonderful place to work, hoping things get better with new policies."

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lowe's offers better than average pay for retail, better than average health and retirement benefits, paid vacation, floating holiday days, sick pay, and some room for advancement. Many of the employees are wonderful to work with and really care about their customers. Most days are fast paced, making the days go by quicker.

Cons

In the last couple of years, a consulting firm was hired to make business adjustments to raise stock prices. Sounds good, right? It would be if Lowe's were not systematically removing experienced and dedicated personnel to bring in employees at lower wages. We are being "Wal-Mart-ized".

While I agree some of the departments could be run this way, most cannot. This is generally not a cash and carry retailer. Most of our customers need hands on advice from true professionals.

Commissions were cut over a year ago, creating a mass exodus of said employees. A stipend was given to all commissioned employees, which is appreciated. These cuts were to "save costs", but then many corporate office executives were given a 15% raise. A store employee is lucky if they get 2.5%, many of which only get 1% or less. How is this going to boost moral?

The schedule is typical retail with no regularity of hours or days off. Work/home life balance can be tricky.

Advice to Management

Please value your senior associates. Many of us have been around for years and love the company. While we are all embracing the changes, many of us feel we are being pushed out for lesser paid employees. Employees should not live in constant fear for their jobs, especially when the programs continue to change. Choose a course and stick to it; at least long enough to see results.