Lowe's - If you like Customer Service this is the place to work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"If you like Customer Service this is the place to work"

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Missouri City, TX
Former Employee - Head Cashier in Missouri City, TX

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours. Friendly coworkers. Fun environment. Reasonable pay. Great benefits. Great retail experience. You get to learn a lot about home improvement products and services.

Cons

Constant management turnover. Seems like some of the lower positioned employees last longer than some managers. Micromanagement. Lack of coverage due to turnover. Long hours. Gets busy on the weekends.

Advice to Management

Reduce your turnover rate by hiring at a higher standard. Operational processes would be much smoother if you retained employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "In the beginning Lowe's cared about its people, that has certainly changed."

Current Employee - RTM Clerk in Sterling, VA
    Current Employee - RTM Clerk in Sterling, VA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive pay for what you do. Job opportunities available. Decent benefits. As long as you are not a seasonal employee you have great job security.

Cons

No communication. Company puts sales first. Senior management has little to no interest in keeping its best employees. Like most retail positions, corporate expects you to put your job first before your family or personal life.

Advice to Management

Start appreciating your employees.

2. "Excellent company to work for, I loved the company, just not the job."

Former Employee - Network Engineer III in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Network Engineer III in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, they really care about their employees. Good benefits. Awesome new corporate campus with a huge cafeteria where they actually cook real food. All new corporate employees (from mail room to CEO) are required to work a week in one of the stores so they can better relate to the "grunts" in the stores. It's a really interesting and fun experience.

Cons

This was only my issue, so I cannot say it would apply to everyone, but there were a number of changes within the department that left me in limbo most of the time. I think I spent more time on the Internet than working on project. Not because I was lazy, but because I had nothing to do. Also, the 24/7 week long disaster recovery exercise was not fun.

Advice to Management

Get your stuff together and know your employees strengths.