Lowe's - Unsatisfied | Glassdoor

"Unsatisfied"

Current Employee - Cashier in South Altoona, PA
Current Employee - Cashier in South Altoona, PA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager allowed me to get days off when needed, without much hassle

Cons

The lack of incentives to 'better' my employment experience or move forward within the company toward a career

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, their the ones DOING the job, rather than directing us to 'push' the sale

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "No room for growth after a while."

Former Employee - Forklift in Grand Mound, WA
    Former Employee - Forklift in Grand Mound, WA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice equipment, new building in Centrailia. FDC 1464

Cons

Terrible management. Out of touch with employees. Big divide socially between front office and warehouse.

Advice to Management

Listen better to workers who are out there everyday who have experience. People are working out of fear more than enjoyment.

2. "I have mixed feelings about my employer of over a decade."

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Lowe's does have better than average pay and benefits for both part time and full time (of which I am one) employees. They do provide many of the tools one needs to do the job.

Cons

One can not plan one's normal life much more than a week or so in advance due to the irrationally scheduled "rotation." One always seems to be scheduled to close just before a day off and to open thereafter. The "corporate schedule" is adjusted all too often and the promised full weekend off of every four gets to be once every five or six instead, with the implied second Sunday disappearing altogether for a couple of months at a time.

Advice to Management

There are differences, many not for the better, which have crept into management,manning and merchandising since Mr Tillman retired that have harmed the morale of long term employees, especially the way that several monetary benefits that employees used to receive were ended. Real income at the store level has not kept up with the rise in cost of living and we see corporate officers who make decisions of dubious worth receiving millions in compensation. If we are all supposed to be a team, building the business so it will prosper now and in the future, please, treat us a the worthwhile parts of said team.